Suffolk Library Campaigners Unite to meet Suffolk County Council at Endeavour House
|Endeavour House, Suffolk CC's|
Corporate HQ in Ipswich
The meeting has been prompted by considerable concern about the consultation process that Suffolk County Council are undertaking and the apparent attempt to "divide and rule" that is emerging from meetings that have been held across the County.
The meeting is taking place at Endeavour House, Suffolk's imposing looking corporate HQ in Ipswich at 1000. Issues expected to be covered at the meeting include:
- The legality of the plans and consultation process under the 1964 Libraries and Musems Act in the light of judicial review proceedings started against other County Councils
- Flaws in the consultation documentation, assumptions and process
- Suffolk's attempts to "divide and rule" and pitch library against library to bid for resources
- The so-called "core offer" and what exactly it would cost to run a library, what support Suffolk would provide and for how long
- Suffolk's reation to the widespread public disapporoval of its plans and the views of local MPs and other councils
- What information from the consultation Suffolk will share with local communities as the consultation proceeds
I am sure it will be an interesting meeting, I will blog about it Friday afternoon when I am home!